Final 2 Weeks for the Census!
It’s the final 30 days of the Census! Be sure to remind your friends, family, colleagues and neighbors that it’s not too
late to complete the Census!
Census Bureau MQAs This Week
Heads up! The U.S. Census Bureau will be hosting Mobile Questionnaire Assistance (MQA) events in the following cities in Ventura County this week:
- San Buenaventura – 9/17
- Southwinds Oxnard – 9/19
- Virtual Facebook Live event with Oxnard Performing Arts Center – 9/19
- Virtual event with Ojai Unified School District – 9/22 English and 9/23 Spanish
Service Based Enumeration
Taking Place Sept 22-24
Service Based Enumeration provides an opportunity for people without conventional housing or people experiencing homelessness to be included in the Census by counting them at places where they receive services or at outdoor locations such as encampments.
- Emergency and Transitional Shelters with sleeping facilities: Sept 22-24
- Soup Kitchens, Food Banks, and Mobile Food Vans/Service Sites: Sept 22-24
- Targeted Non-Sheltered Outdoor Locations: Sept 23-24
Get Out the Count Materials Webpage
The CA State Complete Count Office put together the Get Out the Count webpage, This webpage includes tons of essential outreach tools needed to conduct activities in your communities in one convenient location.
Be sure to visit the page to find the following tools and more:
Reminders for CCC Grantees
To all of our Complete Count Committee Grantees, please remember the following:
- Please be sure to complete your weekly SwORD reporting forms and return the reports to Stephanie Bertsch-Merbach and Dr. Gabino Aguirre.
Inventory Report and Equipment Return
- If you purchased any equipment through grant funds, you will need to file a final inventory listing of the equipment. The listing should include the dates the equipment was acquired, the per unit cost and number of units, serial numbers, model identification. Once the listing is accepted, equipment may be scheduled for return to the State Census Office via shipment by October 31, 20202. Please contact Stephanie Bertsch-Merbach and Dr. Gabino Aguirre for any questions on this.
Read the Op Ed from Our Partners in Santa Barbara County
Last month, Pedro Paz, Ph.D., co-chair of the Santa Barbara County Census 2020 Complete Count Committee and Director of Grantmaking for the Santa Barbara Foundation, wrote an Op-Ed, “Census is about community, not politics” for the Santa Barbara News-Press.
In the Op-Ed, Pedro states:
“2020 has been a difficult year for our county, state and the nation amidst the global pandemic. However, we can’t lose sight of our future by choosing not to participate in 2020 census by Sept. 30.
Ten years ago, no one could have imagined that the accuracy of that census would impact the resources to our hospitals and clinics for us to locally combat and recover from this pandemic. If we are undercounted, we lose resources for when we need them the most.”
Census PSA "Film Festival"
Be on the lookout this weekend for a special “Film Festival” edition newsletter and social media campaign where we will share all of the Census PSAs and videos that our partners have produced throughout the Census!
Please email Stephanie Bertsch-Merbach with VCCF if you have any videos of your own that you would like to highlight!
In the meantime, please enjoy the following videos from two of our Census Partners and a brand new NPR-style Census podcast from Child Development Resources! Feel free share with your networks!